- This event has passed.
The Changing World of Medicaid: Updates & Developments
Wed February 23rd: 11:00 am-12:00 pm ESTFree
About This Webinar
The past two years have seen important developments in Medicaid programming across the United States. Expanded Medicaid eligibility and special provisions have been instrumental in our nation’s efforts to address the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and its effects on individuals, families, and communities. Keeping up-to-date on Medicaid developments is important to those who provide support to military families and caregivers. In this webinar, Christopher Plein, Ph.D., will provide an overview of the Medicaid program, new program developments and possibilities for the future.
- Provide a general overview of the Medicaid program and how it is relevant to military families and communities.
- Provide updates on Medicaid expansion efforts in the various states that has resulted in more coverage for eligible individuals and families.
- Review developments with Medicaid waiver programs that provide home and community based services for those with disabilities and other care needs.
- Explore how Medicaid is helping with the broader adoption of telehealth and telemedicine services in healthcare delivery.
Christopher Plein, Ph.D.
Eberly Family Professor for Outstanding Public Service
West Virginia University
Dr. Plein is a Professor of Public Administration and Eberly Family Professor for Outstanding Public Service at West Virginia University. His academic research on health and social policy has been published in such journals as Health Affairs, the Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, and The Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Uninsured. His expertise on Medicaid and health policy has led to invited presentations at the state and national level, presentations to the West Virginia Legislature, and interviews with state and national media. Dr. Plein is also part of the Military Families Learning Network’s Military Caregiving concentration.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE.
- Certificates of Attendance are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.