- This event has passed.
Considering the Adolescent Brain When Addressing Problematic Sexual Behavior of Youth
Thu May 20, 2021: 11:00 am-12:30 pm EDTFree
About This Webinar:
Participants of this session will develop an understanding of adolescent social, emotional, cognitive, and moral development. Normative sexual development of teens ages 13 to 18 will be addressed. Factors that may contribute to adolescents engaging in problematic sexual behaviors will be highlighted. Protective factors will be discussed and emphasized as possible strategies for supporting healthy behavior.
By the end of this webinar presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize normative, age-appropriate adolescent social, emotional, cognitive, and moral development.
- Discuss the impact of the adolescent brain on impulsive behavior, reasoning, and responsiveness to feedback.
- Identify strategies for approaching adolescents and supporting healthy behavior.
- Participants will review current research on adolescents with illegal or problematic sexual behavior and re-examine previously held beliefs.
Renee Roman, LMSW, is a practicing New York State Licensed Social Worker with over twenty-nine years of experience. She is currently employed as a Consultant and Trainer. She is an adjunct professor at SUNY Albany in the MSW Program. She trains the Sexual Abuse Dynamic Training (SADIT) and Brief Interview Training for Foster Care and Prevention Workers for Fordham University.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Click the button below for CE credit
You will be prompted to complete an evaluation after which a link will be provided.
MFLN Family Development offers the following Continuing Education (CE) credits:
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for CE credits have been obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work. **Note: Eligibility for CE credit expires on May 20, 2023.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s are available.
- Case Managers: This program has been approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide board-certified case managers with clock hours. **Note: Eligibility for CE credit expires on May 20, 2022.
- Certificates of completion are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
For questions about continuing education opportunities, email MFLN FD at email@example.com.
This webinar is part of the Sexual Behavior in Children & Youth (SBCY) Series hosted by MFLN Family Development. For more information on other professional development opportunities on this topic, visit the series homepage!